Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just an Update

Just a few updates:

Amy took and past a test to be licensed to handle claims for Rhode Island. Way to go Amy!

I never came back here and mentioned it, but we now have our Illinois drivers licenses. They take your other license right there at the DMV and then hand you a new one. Kinda cool to not have to wait for it to come in the mail.

Bugs suck. You walk out in our backyard in the late evening, you might as well be camping in the woods. I guess that is what we get for living next to a marsh. I spray some good OFF! on me, but I think it attracts some kind of fly. Always buzzing around my head. Uhhggg!

Played golf last Tuesday after the boxes were picked up (see below) and shot an 81! That was with two double bogey's and one quadruple bogey (not good). I have to thank Ben Hogan and the Bible he wrote. I am itching to get out again.

My cousin JR is getting married Labor Day weekend. We are trying to figure out if we can go. We can always drive, but it would be two days each way. To avoid keeping Elijah out of school too long, we would have to leave on Thursday to get there and start our trip back on Monday. So that would be four out of six days driving. We could also fly, half day each way. The cost of flying is not too much more than driving, but it is still nearly $1100. It will be really hard to make that work and all that driving would really suck, especially with a two year old, plus sleeping at a hotel for a night each way. We are using free miles I have to go home for Thanksgiving. I guess we'll see. Maybe we can try and sell a bunch of stuff on Ebay or Craig's List. We do have a clothes dryer we need to get out of the garage. A crib too. As much incredible fun it would be, we really need to spend some money on putting up a shed.

Last, and certainly not least, my sister is coming in next week. We did have my Uncle Rick and Aunt Annette stop by for breakfast 4th of July morning on there trek back home to Montana, but outside of this, we have not seen any immediate family since we left California. I am looking forward to it and we are planning to have a lot of fun.

p.s. The weather is going to suck this weekend. Supposed to be in the mid to upper 90's with that wonderful Midwest humidity. Mid 80's with the humidity, very manageable. The 90's? Not so much. Wish us luck. I'll bet we spend a lot of time in the basement where the temperature is aways very cool.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the humidity. We've been having an incredibly wet summer here -- not good for gardens... unless you are growing lettuce or something (ours is growing great).

So when are you going to use airline miles to come see US??????

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Hope you guys are able to go to the wedding, I'm sure the family would be happy to see you and the boys.

I wish Jeff had a golf club out there that you could use too. But I'm sure it doesn't matter the course you'll go anyways. :-)

I'm so excited about coming out there. I hope we have so much fun!!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Hey you, I tagged you guys on my blog. Come over and take a look.
:-)