Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Crazy Weather!!

What the deuce?!?! That was some wild weather. In case you did not know, there were some severe storms that came through last night. Luckily, the worst of it was just a bit south of us, so all we got was a lot of rain, some wind, and a lot of lightning. After talking with a couple of co-workers who have lived in the area for a long time or for their whole life, I found out that this was one of the craziest storms they have ever seen. A couple of tornado's touched down in Illinois, but again, south of us.

As the storms were going through, I tried to snap some pictures. The first one is of the sky to the west. I took this about 8:00 pm. The worst of the clouds had moved east, and we could see an orange glow off in the distance. Obviously it was the trailing clouds with the sun coming through, but it was a very strange orange.

The other photos were of some lightning while we were looking east towards downtown Chicago out of our bathroom window. Keep in mind that these were taken about 8:30 at night when it was virtually dark outside. I told Becky today that it was a good thing she was not flying out here yeasterday. They had hundreds of flight cancelations at both airports (O'Hare and Midway). At least they are expecting great weather from Thurs through the weekend.





2 comments:

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Gigity!!!!!! Awwwwwwright!!! That's what I will say on the plane tomorrow!!
I'm so glad the storm has past. Mother Nature has my best interests at heart. Hopefully she will on Monday when I have to fly out too.

Anonymous said...

That last pic is something else! I haven't seen any lightning like that up here. I hope I don't!