Thursday, July 10, 2008

House Pictures

I know it is a bit late, but here are some photos of the house. Obviously this is the front, but this time without all the snow. Who knew there was so much greenery? I did not notice any of this when we first looked at it. Of course a lot of stuff was dormant for the winter.




The next four photos are of the backyard.The first two were taken back, i think in April. Notice just some trees and evergreens. The background water is the marsh directly behind our house. The third and fourth were taken a couple weeks ago. Notice how everything is MUCH greener now??!! We certainly hve a fair amount of yard work to do. For those who know about our old house and the size of the backyard, I would say this one is 3 to 4 times deeper than our old house, and about twice as wide. It is great for the kids and playing around, but it takes at least an hourjust to mow the front and back. If I mix in weed eating, edging, a little hedge trimming (I did all this last Sunday) it takes about 2-3 hours. I try to mix in weed pulling too, but there is A LOT. I really need to bear down and take a half day or so to pull weeds before they overtake some of the plants. It is a gorgeous backyard, but it comes with work. Good for us though. Get outside and stay active.




Not all of this green is ours. Beyond the tall bushes and evergrees is marsh (county) property. There is a wire type fence that is not visible in these photos that runs the property line. Out here there is no green waste garbage can like there was back in California. Here, yard waste/clippings, go into large brown paper bags. My first pass at mowing the grass, it took almost three full bags. Mind you these are 30 gallon bags. Not small to say the least. Now that there is less rain, I am able to cram it into one bag. We have had good rain this week, so I think this weekend will be a two bag job for the grass. I really do need to pull a lot of weeds, so I will have probably two more bags for that. What you don't see in the more recent pictures is the landscaping around the deck and to the left and right of the deck. There is plent more. Again, looks great, but will alwyas need maintenance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to OUR life! LOL Have you thought about getting a riding mower? It sounds like you have a big enough yard to make it feasible.

You're also right about the weeding -- but don't let it stress you. If you can, weed eat them then concentrate on one area at a time to properly pull them out. Get a garden fork and/or some kind of claw. That's what works for me.

Isn't it kinda nice to live in an area where you don't have to water the lawn? Brad knows what you're talking about -- you can tell when rain is forecast here, everyone is out mowing!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah... what about the inside??

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Hey Jess~
The pictures look great!!! I can't wait to come out there and see it all in person.
Wish we could have talked longer last night. But I need to remember the time difference so I don't interupt dinner again.
Love you all, can't wait to play with those boys!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey guys, your place looks sweet!! You should put a mound out there and then add a few bases and then an outfield fence. Wrigley wont stand a chance. Oh, speaking of Wrigley, have you been to a game yet? Keep blogging for us, we enjoy keeping up.

Katrina :) said...

Hi guys! I am Becky's friend! Just wanted to stop by and check it out. The place looks absolutely beautiful. I hear so much about the four of you I feel like I know you... Thanks for the blog, can't wait to read about your next adventure... Take Care!