Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Visit From my Sister

If you read my sisters blog, you would know that we had a great time while she was here. We spent three days in Chicago checking out the various sites. At some point, I would like to go back and spend more time walking around. With the kids, we had to keep moving so things would continue to change for them. Could not stay in one place for too long or they would lose all interest. Nevertheless, we had fun. We took a lot of pictures, obviously including the Sears Tower. Here is one funny one we took



We drove down there on Friday, but took the train Saturday and Sunday. The boys loved it, and it was nice to not worry about having to drive and park. Train tickets on the weekend were $5 per adult and are good all weekend! Kids free too! While on the way downtown one morning the boys were tired and they wanted to lay down. Here is one position they got into. It did not last, but if it were comfortable for both, they would have crashed easily.



Sorry this is not longer. I stayed up too late last night watching the Olympics, and then I had to get up early this morning for an 8:00 meeting. I am going to bed!

p.s. - Elijah starts his new school on Monday! 2nd grade. Open house is this Thursday and we get to meet his teacher and walk the school. I actually have an opportunity to buy Bears tickets for their next pre-season game. Usually not a big deal, but they are playing the 49ers. Turns out the game is Thursday, so that nixes that because I would rather go to the open house. Well, that, and the tickets would be $92 EACH!!! My next door neighbor knows the fiance of the grandson of the Bears' owner. Her tickets are on the Bears sideline, at the 45-50 yard line, 10 rows up. Nice!! Someday I will bite the bullet and buy them. We'll see. Ciao.

4 comments:

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Nice comment on my post!!! :-) Only you would say something like that. But this one I promise not to drop.
The pictures are great!!! I wondered when you would post about it. I'm going this weekend to get the pictures off of my memory card of our Sushi dinner. Can't forget about the oyster pictures. :-)
I hope you plan on taking lots of pictures of the school and Elijah on his first day!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the boys trying to nap! Please send me a BIG copy of that...

I always love the pictures of you with the boys -- especially when you are looking at them. If anyone ever wondered what kind of dad you are, those pictures so clearly say it all: You love them dearly.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. It doesn't appear we'll be able to get anywhere until after the first of the year, but we'll try and fit in a trip soon :)

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Need an update here little bro!!!