Saturday, May 24, 2008

Off to the Races

Well, I am back home (came back last night) and we are now one week from moving. The next 7 days will be a complete blur by the time it is done. Here is the understood schedule for the next week, which is bound to change 27 times before it is over.

Sat - Work around the house and prepare for yard sale. It is raining so it will be inside work. Pack a few things.
Sun - Yard sale, then more house work. Going to get a jackhammer to break up the posts that were holding up the deck in the backyard. Pack a few things.
Mon - More house work, jackhammer, and a little packing. Don't want to pack too much, that is what the movers are for.
Tue - Pack my desk at work. I know, that should have been done already, but oh well. Also going to hang out with the sis, then Elijah has a game.
Wed - Movers show up and start. I am sure I will need to break down some stuff, like the desk.
Thurs - Movers still doing their thing
Fri - Movers finishing their thing. Elijah has his last game this night. Trying to also go to dinner at Mikuni with freinds. Gotta have the great sushi one last time.
Sat - We fly out in the afternoon.

I was talking with my boss yesterday, who has relocated five or six times, and I told him I had originally planned to work from home Wed-Fri, but decided otherwise and will take the time off work. He said there is no way I would get any work done. The are going to be asking questions all the time and I will have work to do, etc, etc. This should be an interesting week.

3 comments:

Corrie Haffly said...

How exciting!

Hey -- email me your new address when you get a chance!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Is it time already??? I hope everything goes well. Why are you using a jackhammer to dig up the deck posts?

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Hope that Beth was able to help you in some way shape or form yesterday and today. I know she was glad to be able to see you all before you left.
I think it is safe to say that this week will be an emotional roller coaster for you guys and ME!!!!
I will help as much as I can and I am totally looking forward to hanging out on Tuesday.!!!!!