Saturday, May 31, 2008

Coming to you from Crystal Lake, IL (Part 1)

Wow, what a week. That might have been the fastest week of my life. The movers, myself, and my best friends dad, Steve, had a great time with golf on Thursday. I was able to comp the golf for the movers (thanks Jeff!!) so they bought Steve and I beer. Like Homer says with the donuts, mmmmmm......beer..... As for the moving of the goods, the movers finished loading the truck at about 5:45 on Friday afternoon. The then had to print off the inventory sheet, all 13 pages of it. Something like 300+ line items. Sheesh. It was a 53 foot trailer and they still had plenty of room to trailer a car. The picked it up in Modesto, CA and are taking it to Milwaukee. The company is in Racine (semi-suburb of Milwaukee) so it was easy for them to do.

We then went to Elijah's last baseball game. We think that all of the stuff being packed, the house being empty, and him knowing how far away we will be, all finally caught up to him. Plus, he wanted to pitch really bad, and did not get to. He does not have much control right now, so it is not a good time for him to pitch. This added to everything and he spent about 10 minutes crying. Man he is an emotional kid. Still love him to death, though. After the game they game him his trophy and the coach gave him the game ball. This really cheered him up and he was pretty jazzed about it.

Afterwards, we headed to dinner with my sister, a couple of friends, and Elijah's coach and his wife, Tony and Elizabeth. We went to Mikuni for sushi. Had to go one last time before we moved. I ate waaaayyy too much, but did I care? Heck no. We then went and picked up the boys, and eventually made it to the hotel at 1:00 am. Got up at 6:30 am (thanks Malachi), went to breakfast with Amy's family, and then went back to the old house. It was strange to walk into it and see nothing there but our bags we took on the plane, and Josh already painting and making the house his. So it goes.

Well, I think this is kind of a boring read, but wanted to get it out there. This is only part 1 of at least two parts. I still plan to regurgitate everything that happened over the last 12 hours, which covers leaving the house in Sacramento to this point right now in the hotel where I am going to finish my glass of wine and crawl into bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heck NO, it's not a boring read to ME! I do want all the details -- especially since you didn't call me back. I assume the vehicles got packed up okay as well.

Has it hit YOU and Amy yet? I remember that first summer when we got here. For about the first year or so, I'd stop every once in a while, look around and be amazed that I was really here. Come to think about it, I still do.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Dinner was great and I'm so glad I got to see you guys at breakfast. It was totally worth it just to hear Malachi yell my name.
Miss you guys already, but am happy to hear that you made it their safely and that you are adjusting.
Let the boys know that Aunti Becky loves them and misses them. Tell Amy I love her and miss her too.
And I really miss you.!!! And of course I love you too!!

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Just dying to hear part 2. :-) Thanks for the video, I'm going to try and put it on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Well, take it from a seasoned "mover" -- 27 times in 32 years of marriage -- it is never easy, but it makes for GREAT memories! -- Give things time, and don't let the newness freak you out. There has always been something wonderful about every place we have lived.

Aunt Nette

Anonymous said...

So where is part two???????