Friday, December 5, 2008

WTF?????

Okay, so I know it has been a while since we posted an update, and sorry about that to those that actually read this thing. There is a lot to catch up on, but this is just a quick post.

As I look at the last post, I see that it is very sunny outside and that Elijah is wearing shorts and t-shirt. Far cry from what we have today. If you have watched the weather at all, you would have seen that we have been getting a good amount of snow, but it is also very cold. Overnight last night and this morning is by far the coldest it has been since we moved here. I have been in colder temperatures, but not since we now have to live in it. Today, Elijah is wearing his double jacket, beanie, neck gator (man scarf), and snow gloves. Check this current weather report out:



OUCH!!!!! Wind chill of minus 9?!?!?!?!?! Holy $%#@!! I guess I can look on the bright side, at least it is clear and sunny, right? Similar to Melman's line in Madagascar "They're cute, from a reasonable distance", it is gorgeous outside, from inside the warm buidling. Snow on the ground, clear blue skies, bright sun.........frozen retention ponds and rivers.

Anyway, I gotta get back to work. We have been taking a lot of pictures over the last couple of months. I think I am going to upload them to an online photot storage place and then provide links to them in here. Seems like that would be faster. Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to our world! Even though it's colder there. Our high today was about 19 or 20 depending on where you were standing. Snow wasn't in the forecast but it snowed about 2 inches anyway. Between tomorrow evening and Monday evening we are supposed to get about 15 in. of snow -- at least that's what Accuweather is predicting so we'll probably get about 5.

♥ Becky ♥ said...

Now THAT is cold!!!!!!! No, THAT'S freezing!!!!! And I do think it's cute from a very reasonable distance. Can't wait to see pictures of all the crazy weather. Hope the boys are lovin it.!!!
Miss you guys terribly..... Went and got little guys Christmas present and now I only have to get big guys present then I will ship them to you.

Anonymous said...

Jesse, good to hear an update. I remember my first winter in Montana (1983-84) and 12/1 the thermometer bottomed out at -36 and from what we heard went to 140 something for over 30 days! Living is VERY different in those temps.
Enjoy the snow (the boys are :)

Aunt Net