Saturday, April 19, 2008

The 4th Biggest Decision of My Life

So who titles something the 4th? Wouldn't you talk about the #1 biggest decision? Well, that was not why I decided to start this blog. The set the record straight, the biggest decision of my life was choosing to marry my wonderful wife. The 2nd and 3rd was the decision to have kids. Those of you who know about Josiah might wonder why there is only 2nd and 3rd. Well, I lump "having kids" into one big decision. The 3rd biggest was choosing to try again after losing Josiah. Before you ask, another blog in the future will shed some light on those who need it.

So, the 4th biggest decision (and the reason for starting up this blog site) was to accept a new job with the company I work for. That in itself is not that big of a deal. But, it is when the acceptance comes with relocating to the Chicago area. Yes, moving your family 2000 miles from your "support staff" can be the biggest decision for some, but I still think it was easier than the other three. In any case, I began my new position on Feb 18, 2008, and there is no looking back! This is a crazy time for us, but exciting as well. Amy was able to land a transfer (we work for the same company) and she started her new position this past Monday, April 14.

This is the short version of what has transpired over the last few months, but hopefully we will be able to stay on top of things and keep this updated. So, for now, happy reading!

5 comments:

♥ Becky ♥ said...

YEA!!!! You started a blog. Now I will link you to mine but that means that my friend Kat who is a "blog whore" will bug you if it isn't updated. :-)
Glad that you did this so we can keep upon each others lives when you leave.
I will miss you all more than you know.
I expect to see pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

We love Jesse!!

Anonymous said...

Jesse, I am not blogging yet (I like to keep my options open) but am so glad you will keep us informed this way. We may not read it all the time, but I love knowing it is there to "catch up" and keep track. -- I am an expert in moving and am both excited for you and praying for you. Love, Aunt Net

Carrie Peeples said...

Will be nice to keep up with you and your Chicago adventures!! Fun to see you a couple weeks ago!!

Anonymous said...

Who'd a thunk it? All that time ago when I started my own blog I was probably the ONLY family member (of the *entire* family) to have one. And now all this time later, both my kids, a niece and nephew, and one sister all have blogs!
You'll have to add Carrie, Barb and Jay to your list of blogs.

I am so glad I will have a way to keep in touch and find out what and how you are doing. This is so cool!!